Tuesday, June 26, 2007

As a Whole, "viva voce"

I was intently listening to my officemates' rants, and whines, and problems, and of course, they present to me the real world outside the realm that we call schooling. Let's face it, this higher institution, although a far cry from the High School set-up, is still a somewhat artificial world. It still has the guidelines for hurdling problems in the guise of exams, papers, etcetera. It teaches each and everyone on how to socialize with adults, young adults, and a small minority with grown up bodies pero may pacifier pa ang utak. Get what I mean?

Point of the matter is, everyone should be a bit scared of what is waiting after college freedom. It will be a sure state of uncertainty beforehand. I think it is kindov weird and eerie for someone na maging eager to be let go for the harsher world. College, while instigating and inflicting pain, is still within the bounds. It is controlled. Ergo, is the lesser evil as opposed to REAL life. And to think that UPManila is a seemingly higher institution, but in actuality, just an extension of secondary education. It poses on us a bigger risk of being overwhelmed because UPM's system is a block system, ang kasama mo ng first year, kasama mo probably for the next years, unlike the usual. It encourages anothereventual problem: Attachment. Need I say more? I don't think so.

Back to the top. I can only go languishing on my sordid thoughts. These people are real people. They bear the brunt of the world's reality. Of unfairness. And it sends chills to me.

Everyone will eventually grow up. Friends will help. They can. Someone just needs the proper company. People kind of grow in different ways. Some grow faster. Some are forced to by situations. Some do so gradually and surely, baby steps so to say. While others are sessile. The worst part of it is when you thought you were growing up but you were growing old pala.

I hope I sent a clear message. Til then, pal.