Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So that the World may know

The sudden proliferation of surveys and lists has left me with no choice, but to join the bandwagon. This incident has rendered me helpless and hapless, so to speak. I always retort that I do things in the name of Camaraderie. Certainly not a name of a woman.

Anyway, here's my version of the Weird Things survey.

1. My brother, Randolfh and I, share an unusual ugali. Whenever we see something funny on the boob-tube, we would suddenly blast each other with out-of-this-world antics. Say, whenever we see Alice in wonderland series (currently our fave show) being shown on QTV11 every 9:30am, weekdays, we go into an instant stupor and howl like some wolves. We mimic sound produced by animals. Probably brought about by the show's genre. The type in which you dont have to think of anything except breathing and occasional drooling over. We also punch each other. Sometimes I hurl the broomstick. Or hit him with the tabo. Or splatter him with hot water. He would retaliate by punching me back. Or slapping my nape.

2. The rain brings me joy and contentment. The recent Church-wide praying is a work of a genius! How I wish everyday is a raining day. It not only uplifts my spirits, but the cool air soothes my body, and promptly invites me to go on an early snooze. And what better way to celebrate life lying on the bed, eating champorado, watching news or playing LAN warcraft.

3. Sundays are ought to be spent with going to mass in the sked. I like it when I go to mass on an early Sunday night. I get to walk 2 to 3 kms. Or more. I usually walk when I need to think things over. My mind is at its best when my legs are on a trek. Walking is also leisurely done. And of course, when frugality sinks in. Or merely when I'm penniless.

4. Lately, I have this fascination on billboards. I'm most pleased when I'm aboard a vehicle along EDSA. I get to see lotsa billboards. Gigantic ones, along guadalupe are such things of beauty. I always wanted that big CLEAR ad near MRT-Guad. And not to mention the Bea Alonzo picturesque and John Lloyd post in Magallanes Interchange (...). I wonder if there's a term for this kind of wanting.

5. My day could be consumed just by reading books. Sometimes, I spend hours staring at the screen of the PC, just browsing Wikipedia. General Info supplies me with so much energy it could pass for a multivitamin. Or probably Bloomberg. Economics interests me much as well. Nikko and I have the same propensity: Junior economists of UPManila. We just need to be tapped.

6.Up until my being a 15-year old, I was not accustomed to taking in medicines. I would always reason out that my body could handle sicknesses, and I was really, really afraid I'd develop some kind of tolerance. Buti na lang, I overcame that notion. Although I still do them in moderation.

7.I usually follow a ritual whenever I bathe. Recently, I oblige myself to count 5 washes before hitting the soap. And then 5 again. All in 45 minutes. And I added another ritual afterwards. Haha.

8. Whenever I go into an outburst, I usually divert the anger towards inanimate objects. I hit them with all my might. I usually associate objects with people. I hope the pain I inflict ricochets to them. Less violent.

Labels: ,