Thursday, August 23, 2007

An Untimely Demise

No more dirty sleeves, with pawprints. No more nose to pinch. No more funny moments brought about by standing on hind legs. No more brown furs.

The other day, I couldn't leave the house for work because my pet dog was ailing. Seriously afflicted with a disease. The Vet clinic I know in town was already closed, and I just had to suffice the whole dredging moment with having my dog drink as much water, eat as much food, and take-in supplements just to probably alleviate the pain she is enduring. I had to fan her for almost an hour because she was having a shortage of air, and I was stroking her intact fur for comfort. She also had some sort of fever, and I know something is wrong, she's been coughing out blood, my mom told me. We've been blaming her probable fondness for rusty metals, for the last few days. We should have taken measures then.

Upon reaching home, I learnt of the death. At the very instant, I felt a part of me has just left. Truly devastating. I was expecting two dogs to welcome me on my arrival. Apparently, one had gone away.

Goodbye,Anubis. That's Anubis for me and my brother. Lassie to my mother, and Tuta to my other brother. All were pertaining to one and the same canine.

Anubis
Outlived by 4 brothers, Mother and Dad
and Hatshepsut

Labels: , ,