Saturday, January 12, 2008

This Vehicle of Thought

Glimpse. Glimpse. Stare. Glare. Glimpse.

Ever since, and just like that previous post, I've always maintained myself into seating on this particular section of the bus. Barring unforeseen crimes, of which, I am a veteran already, taking a bus ride has always, and has never failed to shower me all those memories, both happy and the not-so-happy. Sometimes, I wince upon some thoughts, and sometimes, they bring smiles and grins. Traversing the same old path that we all call EDSA, I've associated places with people, people with places, places with events that mattered, and events that could've taken place.

Anyway, just a heads-up, I've chosen to sit on the right side of the bus heading north and to the left, southbound. I've desired to sit beside the open window, and look far and out to see what changes I have taken for granted. Probably also to see desire in its incarnate form. You see desire everyday, but you get to want to see desire when it is sleeping.

Dextrorotatory. The rightmost part. The one most proximal to the window. The cold wind of the early morning. I once glanced at the left, only to see flashes of lights, the busy bodies. Yes, I smiled, but it is the matter of going back to where the smiles are more evident.

It is the matter of where you are most comfortable. You get the highs and lows, but it is where you feel stable.

Glance. Glance. Stare. Smile.