Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tracking down what the Elephant has left of us





Ever remember this place? this is where, most of the time, I pass by when I go home from work. I last saw it still upright and very commanding last wednesday. Yesterday, it was a different story. My officemates and I passed pa nga the EDSA, where a very gigantic billboard crashed at the very front of a small barangay. The toppled ad-carrier also squished a car, and a van. I really do hope no one was in there when that happened..

Nga pala, the name of the barangay is Bgy. Pinagkaisahan. Sends me a message. They're gonna need all the "pagkakaisa" possible to have the trash all cleaned out. Even invoke the gods.

Ooohh..that must have been one mighty elephant, looking for its lost peanut.Hihee..





(the railings were supposed to be billboard stuff, now just metal scraps)

I found myself rolling in the floor when I saw this picture. Though it really gave me a clearer image of how extensive the last typhoon was, somebody made the event quite a laughable one. And he really succeeded.

Wla lang..I saw kasi some blogs that featured the recent catastrophe. But don't get me wrong. I'm not very delightful, not at some degree pa nga e. I pity those who sufferred a lot, especially those who went homeless, or houseless.(You don't lose you home kaya.) Let's be reminded that we are all obliged to pray for the more unfortunate ones.

Damn that elephant! Shame on you!